Saturday, October 09, 2004

Vuja Da

Reincarnation. I've never really touched on the subject but it is so ingrained in and a part of my Path that I will try to explain it. Heh, this should be good.

I guess in what has to be the biggest karmic jokes there is, In my first life I was Myself, as I am now! I was a Druidic teacher,healer and somewhat upper level druid with a mission. No claims to fame other than the fact that (put on your thinking caps here) I died so that the I that lives now would have the Spirit Guide needed to be able to contend with what him/I and others saw coming.

..............................................................................

The wind throws massive showers of sparks sideways as the fire roars and crackles in front of us. No amount of wind can mask the smell of charring flesh from the sacrafices though. You never really get used to it though it's grown to only a minor annoyance after so many years. Long has the altarstone remained wet in preperation for tonight.

But this time is different. This time the magic must be stronger....stronger than ever before in memory of the eldest. For this is the destiny that was thrown upon you all. To sleep with the Gods until called from your slumber by the omens you have been shown. For a year and a day now the prayers have gone up without stopping. An entire circle has this fire remained lit and offerings gone up and you have cleansed yourself and been prepared to be presented to the earth to hold until called upon. The sacrifices alone have almost caused the people to revolt but that is what the law demands. Otherwise all of you will be utterly forgotten and so cease to have ever existed. What will people remember of you after tonight? Perhaps they will sing great songs. That would be nice.

But this harvest night shall be the last. For we must make the future remember before it is too late.

At the height of the calling I am driven by unknown reasons to step back from the ring of dancing to the boulder strewn edge of the plateu. Beside the beacon rock I wait tensely with one hand on my curved knife when from out of the gloom a strangely dressed man stumbles up the carefully hidden path. Cautiously and frightened he looks around as best he can in the gloom. Drawn like a moth to the light.. Too bad he chose to put his foot on this sacred ground tonight for it will be his last. But if the Moon Goddess requires a man who am I to argue?

Reeling now I feel weak and the Goddess herself speaks to me and I know this shade that gropes in the dark before me! This is the Me that I am to Be! Drawn here across the stars. For as this is my last rite, this is his first and his initiation into the Mysteries! I see him lying in some strange place and know he has made the choice I made and sealed his fate to the God and Goddess. And he was sent here to see whence he came and I.....I am shown who I am to become, who I am to teach. Hehehe I shall Guide myself!!!

Now strength returns and I know what must be done. Stepping out onto the path I block the fires light and almost chuckle as the I that is not yet me freezes in fright and nearly falls.

Now the God of Wood and Tree and and All that Is speaks through me as I look upon myself and know the trials he has endured to get to where he stands tonight. The choice he made to bring him to the holy meet going on behind you.

"You have not lived in vain!" I bellow as my robe and cape are whipped about by the winds. "You have learned what is needed for what lay ahead of you and we are pleased. Now GO!".

I watch as the man covers his face and begins to sob.

And turning I walk back up the path to where the others are still chanting, enraptured by the Spirits. He will be waiting for me. I know that now and it comforts me for what comes next.

Giving my sacred blade to the next elder in line I drink from the bowl of Life and feel the Spirits explode in my stomach and head as the sickly sweet liquid releases them. I remove my robe and lay on the altar. Normally cold it is comfortingly warm from the heat of weeks of preperation fires. Vaguely I see dim shapes above me and hear the buzzing of many insects. A flash of hot white and I hear the Crow calling my name.

Then, as the red water of Life leaves me, I smile. I am coming my Friend, my Brother. You shall have a Guide....and I will show you...everything is as it should be ...as we foretold.

Peace,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

That was amazing, Twig. I could sense the power and glory of the moment through your words. I am awed.

 
At Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From out of the womb and into the tomb,again out of the womb came I. A needle stitching the fabric of the universe.
So many lives, so many deaths, so many forms I have lived in. I am as much a part of the crawling things that dwell in the earth as I am a part of the loftiest tree in the forrest.
Who am I, I know not. I only know that the Gods apeak through my words and actions in the world and I am content with that.
I am known by many names in many different places by many different folk but in all I am the same being.
I am called a Storm Crow and a bringer of sorrows by some but it is not I who brings misfortune. I merely warn others of the comming storm so that they might be prepared. I am Necessity personified and for that reason I am cursed by some for they do not wish to do what is necessary in their lives in order to prosper. It is far easier for them to whine and complain and find fault. They blame the Gods, they blame others, they blame the fates for their misfortune but they will not look honestly at themselves. Alas, for them all is lost.
To those who have ears to truly hear and eyes to truly see I bring great wealth and beauty. Great riches I give freely to all who desire it. The secret of the Leprechauns Gold is mine and I have taught men to find wealth in the most unlikely of places.
So in this place I ask, What is it that you would have of me. If you expect good, good will come of it. If you expect evil then do not be suprised when evil becomes manifest amongst you. What ever you wish for in my presence or within the range of my knowing shall surely come to pass.

 
At Friday, May 06, 2005 1:20:00 AM, Blogger Twig Jones-The Druid of Peace said...

So in this place I ask, What is it that you would have of me."

I would ask for Wisdom.

 
At Friday, May 06, 2005 7:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask and you shall recieve as it is said. If you truly listen, not merely with your ears but with your whole being, then the Gods will speak directly to you and you will no longer have need for mortal teachers. Instead of being a poet you must become a poem, instead of being a singer you must become a song.
Beneath the light of the Northern Star
Compose the song of "WHO' you are
Be not like Narf the drudgy one who spoils the fun before it's begun
Let your spirit like an Eagle soar
to light upon that distant shore You will meet your fortune there and Cerridwens cup will be your share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home