Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Mountain that Roared

Living about 70 miles from Mt St. Helens I'm close enough that I can readily pick up on the vibrations during times of upheaval such as whats happening right NOW! This is a record just for records sake.

My friends. as the earthquakes started i began to get a ringing in my ears up and above the normal tinnitis of urban living. in the last three days the tremors have gone from ~1 per min. at 1.0 on the rictor scale to the point that now it's 3-4 per min. with a mean magnitude of 3.0-3.5.

As the tremors increase so does the pressure and volume in my head. As if a balloon is being inflated. It's starting to be most annoying. Animals are quieter and the crows stick to the trees.

(edit) And an iching on my skin. Like after rolling around in the lawn. (end edit)

The Earth is speaking and it hurts. Take that as you will.

Peace,
Twig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home