Monday, August 02, 2004

Of Friends and Thieves

So someone tell me why anyone would value friendship so little that they would steal the last of my green(which I primaraly use for medical reasons).

I don't mind my wallet getting stolen...twice in 6 mths because I'm perpetually broke. But to steal the thing that keeps me from being in constant pain? Thats just fucking WRONG!

May they have the same pain I am feeling right now for the rest of their life.

8/4 - My wallet came back to me! Therese was walking out of the local Thriftway store when a clerk stopped her and asked
"Aren't you the wife of that guy with the ponytail that always comes in here?"

T replies "yeah"

"Well we have his wallet!"

I went in and called that store for 2 weeks after it came up missing with a negative every time. Suddenly it shows up 2 days before my birthday.

Thank you my Gods! For unexpected presents!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a multiple stroke survivor, I know something about pain. The kind I call the gnawing green worms in the long bones of my arms and legs. It's a constant throbbing gnawing feeling just like something was eating me alive bight by bight, nibble by nibble.
My neurologist had me doped up on things like neurontin and so many different kinds of substances the names of which ended in "ZINE" or "OL" or "ID" that I totally lost track of what I was suppose to take, how much and when. When ever I tried to talk it came out like "MARRPFF MMBL BLUUUB and all I wanted was a Marlboro Cigarette.
Ah but I was free of pain. I was also free of any ability to go to the toilet by myself as well as free from the ability to feed myself. I had been reduced to a state of total infantile dependency upon others. I finally decided that I had had enough and that the solution was worse than the problem so I quit taking my pain medications. It was literally hell for the first two weeks but I was determined not to go back to taking all of those debilitating medications. I eventually came to the conclusion that the way I felt was a result of my withdrawal from an addiction to the drugs I had been taking. I still have the pain but I'm learning to ignore it for the most part. It helps to have something for my mind to do like meditating or gardening. Learning to type all over again was a real trip. For the longest time I had hands like golf clubs held by the village idiot. When I first tried it took me five minutes to type my name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home