Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Enter the Other Side

I am a maintenence man by trade. One of 8 at a 608 unit apt. complex. There was 9 people until Nick got cancer. 3 weeks after his "retirement" the memo came down

"Wage freeze for 3 months."

After a few weeks it became apparent that they were not going to fill this position. That is when the changes took place. You see during the summer I maintain 4 outdoor pools totaling ~150,000 gals. One pool alone is 93,000 gals! It was 5 pools but they are going to bury the worse one and I refused to allow it to open. (I am also a nationally certified (NSPF) aquatics tech with that power).

Suddenly this year I find I'm given ~ 3 hrs a day to accomplish what I did in 40 hours a week.....and it AIN'T working!

More later.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a simple solution to this. "QUIT"! Simply pick up your tools and walk out the door. With your skills and knowledge you are an asset to any endeavour. Those who for what ever reason choose to squander their assets are not even worth the wrong time of day from a broken watch. You will lose nothing in leaving, you can only gain. If a situation starts to cost you your self respect and dignity, it will do you more harm than good. You owe them nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home