Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Oh Crow

I learned of this poem today shortly after I helped lower this ladys casket into the ground.

It was given to me just after I dropped a double handful of earth on the gleaming pine coffin that housed my mates mother and the clay on my hands was still wet.

Crippled by diabeties for years she knew she was dying. This is a celebration of her passing.

The Crow and Raven are my totem and my guide as apparently they were hers. That I should find this out at that time boggles my mind.

We will miss you Sherry. Thank you for your wisdom.


Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
We have lost a cherished friend of yours!

Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
Watch over this humble soul!

Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
Take her on her path to her father!

Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
This friend of yours who wrote of you many times
is passing the pen on to....?

Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
Take our mother,
gently into her long awaited
resting place!

Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
How I will miss my mother!
As all of the family does!

Oh Crow, Oh Crow!
Mom would say do not weep!

For I now know!
What you wonder!

Oh Crow, I Love you!
_______________________________

Sherry Leola Eddings
Proud Elder of the Siletz Indian Nation
born: 11/15/1938
died: 9/13/2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home