Friday, August 27, 2004

Out of the mouths of Babes

Today I was counseled by a 5 1/2 yr old girl. Put me in my place too!!!

link to MysticWicks Thread
-------------------------------

Everyone remembers Twig right? Well he's on my MSN and has been for quite some time now. From time to time, my daughter looks over my shoulder as I chat away to friends online. She can't read very well yet, but she likes to watch my fingers go a mile a minute...

Anywho...

My daughter saw Twig sign in the other day, and said... "Mommy, what's a Twig"? and I said "he's a druid friend of mine" and she looked at me with a straight face and said, "Oh, so he's not quite a mighty oak yet, right?"



Out of the mouths of babes!!!

-----------------------

Yes I am a Mighty Oak. But isn't an Oak no more than a nut gone good? Which explains the response I gave her. Speaking of Mysticwicks...

Now I get a personal taste of the meglomania I have heard of from others, the tales of why they left. It's really an ironic shame that the very thing we/they dreamed of is going to be it's undoing. I still say the premise of MW is a sound one. But the sheer numbers of people together has fostered the same political posturing and polarization that has ruined others groups in the past. Too bad they disbanded the mods. Now a select few rule an entire city. "BEWARE Caeser! Brutis lurks in the shadows! And a murmur of discontent can be heard in the populace."

Well Then! My self imposed 24 hour cooling off period is about over in regards to THE administrators harangue about my leaving there and coming back repeatedly(Twice). Jesus, I could cut a wound at that site that would rattle the very ground if I chose. But I won't because of those who run it, those who do care and the new seekers that NEED the direction afforded by this community. But I will leave something to give people pause to think.

Hehehe "It's all about me." you think? Nooo, it's about people like you. The first time I left was because people like you are callous enough to take the cops position over a 71 yr old blind woman. Oh, by the way! The city settled out of court. She will live quite comfortably for the few remaining years she has left. So EAT ME!

Last month? Well lets just say there are none so blind as those That can't see past their own ambitions. Was that thread I posted about me? Noooo, it was a simple request to show a soldier going to war he's basically opposed to that the people they are dying for care.

So.....should I show him the responses his countrymen gave as he left his wife, his job, children & family? The gratitude of the people that he is prepared to die for!!?? No I won't and I'm glad he didn't see this antithesis of his nations pride before he left.

Wise people will see that I left BECAUSE of people like you. But I returned DESPITE it because others personally asked me to and I had a 5 year old that had some personal Wisdom to impart to me.

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 06, 2005 8:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my friend, all I can say is I hope they appreciate you.. Gods know I do.
I do not ,however, like mysticwicks and I especially do not like that "Female" Phoenix Blue. I want nothing what so ever to have anything more to do with her or anyone like her. She is as thick as two planks and as dense as a stone and she lacks the redeming qualities of both. She would be useless for a stone wall or a timber frame house and she is absolutely useless to the Pagan Community at large. The only thing remarkable about her is her monumental ignorance.

 
At Friday, May 06, 2005 8:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to have hit the wrong button
I am s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home