Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Where is the line?

people who know me know I'm just left of Nadar in most things as far civil liberties. That goes goes for freedom of speech. But where do we draw the line??? Today on the news they played the cell phone call of a kid(?)trapped and drowning in a sinking car.

I sat numb. Jesus Fucking Christ people, is this how low we've dropped the bar?
Have we become so accustomed and callous to death and accepting of anything fed us that we can accept that? Last night I saw the chilling image of dead child on CSI as they melodramatically pieced together yet another convoluted story with an array of equipment usually reserved for alien autopsies.

And the part that made me want to HURL!? the kid was COLLATERAL DAMAGE!!! Not a real part of the plot. "Ooops mom and dad got shot and we can't have loose ends in the story!! fuck it, she drowns!!"


Wow looking at the above I guess you can see what happened as I just have. Hit with the 1-2 punch there in less than 24 hrs. Which makes this even more urgent. If this outrages you, if you are sick of seeing death and/or children portrayed like this write the networks like I am about to do. It's the only way we can stop it.

For those of you thinking "Get real,It's just a fucking show/it's not real yada yada !!"

I telling you "You just don't fucking get it."

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home